Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
In order to be eligible to apply for Graduate Entry Medicine, you must have achieved, or be predicted to achieve, the following:
- either an upper second (2.1) or first class degree in any subject
- or a merit or distinction (equivalent to 2.1 or first) in an integrated undergraduate master's degree
- or a lower second (2.2) PLUS a Postgraduate Masters or PhD
- GCSE Mathematics and English/Welsh at grade C or above
- IELTS 7.0 with no less than 7.0 in speaking and 6.5 in listening, reading and writing (all candidates from non-English speaking countries)
You must have or be expecting a valid GAMSAT score at the time of application. GAMSAT is a professionally designed selection test for medical schools offering graduate entry programmes.
We also accept the MCAT for International Applications. International Applicants must sit the MCAT or the GAMSAT prior to applying.
Months of entry
Our Graduate Entry Medicine programme is unique in Wales and one of just a handful of similar programmes of medical study in the UK open to graduates of any discipline from the UK, EU and overseas.
This accelerated, four-year medical degree follows an innovative, integrated spiral curriculum designed to reflect the way in which clinicians approach patients and how patients present to doctors.
You will study the basic biomedical sciences in the context of clinical medicine, public health, pathology, therapeutics, ethics, and psycho-social issues in patient management.
Together with a strong focus on clinical and communication skills, you will develop the academic, practical, and personal qualities to practise medicine competently and with confidence.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time48 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Swansea University Postgraduate
- +44 (0)1792 295358