We require a First or Upper Second class honours degree (2:1, with 60% average) from a UK university or the overseas equivalent, in any discipline.
When assessing your academic record, we take into account your grade average, position in class, references and the standing of the institution where you studied your qualification. We particularly welcome applications from institutions of high ranking and repute.
Months of entry
People are at the heart of any organisation, so the ability to manage and develop employees, ensure their wellbeing and understand changing employment legislation is essential to business survival.
- Develop knowledge of the theoretical foundations and real-world practice of human resource management and industrial relations, both in the UK and internationally
- Build understanding of strategic changes in HRM
- Gain strategic insight and boost your CV by attending workshops delivered by HR practitioners
- Work on a live employment tribunal case
- Gain a competitive edge in the job market studying a course accredited by the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD).
CIPD Course Recognition
The course is accredited by the Chartered Institute of Personnel Development (CIPD) offering the ability to fast track your career through membership.
As part of our accreditation, all students attend a series of compulsory HR skills development workshops. These workshops focus on your personal skills capacity building as a future HR specialist. The workshops are non-credit bearing in order to maximise their development nature. You join CIPD as a student member and once you have passed all course units (including the HR skills development workshops and dissertation), you can update your CIPD membership to Associate Member. After you have applied your knowledge in a workplace setting, you can then apply for Chartered Membership.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Completion of the programme entitles students to Graduate Membership of the professional body Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD), which is advantageous in pursuing a career in Human Resource Management.
Course contact details
- Alliance Manchester Business School
- +44 (0)161 306 1339