We require a First or Upper Second class honours degree (2:1, with 60% average) from a UK university or the overseas equivalent, in any discipline.
When assessing your academic record, we take into account your grade average, position in class, references and the standing of the institution where you studied your qualification. We particularly welcome applications from institutions of high ranking and repute.
Months of entry
People are at the heart of any organisation, so the ability to manage and develop employees, ensure their wellbeing and understand changing employment legislation is essential to business survival.
- Develop knowledge of the theoretical foundations and real-world practice of human resource management and industrial relations, both in the UK and internationally
- Build understanding of strategic changes in HRM
- Gain strategic insight and boost your CV by attending workshops delivered by HR practitioners
- Work on a live employment tribunal case
- Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) approval gives you a competitive edge in the job market.
CIPD Course Recognition
The course is approved by the Chartered Institute of Personnel Development (CIPD) to the new equivalent advanced level postgraduate standard. You can enhance your studies by taking additional CIPD components that prepare you for CIPD membership.
To qualify for membership you need to attend a series of skills workshops, with presentations by guest speakers, and complete a range of activities enabling you to develop practical HR skills.
You join CIPD as a student member and when you have passed all course units (including the dissertation) and the CIPD components, your CIPD membership will be automatically updated to Associate Member. Once you have applied your knowledge in the workplace, you can apply for Chartered membership.
If you are particularly interested in international human resource management and /or comparative industrial relations you might like to consider our MSc International Human Resource Management and Comparative Industrial Relations course.
Qualification and course duration
Further details of qualification
Completion of the programme entitles students to Graduate Membership of the professional body Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD), which is advantageous in pursuing a career in Human Resource Management.
Course contact details
- Alliance Manchester Business School
- +44 (0)161 306 1339