Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
We require a First or Upper Second class honours degree (2:1, with 60% average) from a UK university or the overseas equivalent, in any discipline.
When assessing your academic record, we take into account your grade average, position in class, references and the standing of the institution where you studied your qualification.
Months of entry
With more and more people working for international corporations or global international supply chains, the study of international human resources and industrial relations is becoming ever more important.
- Gain understanding of the differences between the employment practices and industrial relations systems of varying countries and multinationals.
- Learn how variations in practice and systems are influenced by social and economic factors.
- Study the influence of economic integration on changing systems of employment and industrial relations.
CIPD Course Recognition
The course is approved by the Chartered Institute of Personnel Development (CIPD) to the new equivalent advanced level postgraduate standard. You can enhance your studies by taking additional CIPD components that prepare you for CIPD membership.
To qualify for membership you need to attend a series of skills workshops, with presentations by guest speakers, and complete a range of activities enabling you to develop practical HR skills.
You join CIPD as a student member and when you have passed all course units (including the dissertation) and the CIPD components, your CIPD membership will be automatically updated to Associate Member. Once you have applied your knowledge in the workplace, you can apply for Chartered membership.
If you are interested in domestic human resource management you might like to consider our MSc Human Resource Management and Industrial Relations .
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Alliance Manchester Business School
- +44 (0)161 306 1339