- An honours degree or equivalent qualification in the subject or a related discipline; and/or
- Relevant work experience, demonstrating your ability to study at postgraduate level.
Consideration will also be given to applicants who can make a strong case for admission in relation to a particular project and can demonstrate their potential to satisfactorily complete the course.
Entry requirements for international students can be found on the course page.
Months of entry
Gain a deeper understanding of the role of fashion in wider culture, and its global impact as an industry, on UCA's pioneering MA in Global Fashion Cultures.
This online course - the first of its kind in the UK - has been developed with a global outlook in mind and enables students from across the world to join and learn from the comfort of their own homes.
Expanding on what's currently available within post-graduate fashion studies, you will have an opportunity to develop a critical understanding of fashion as:
- A means to establish and maintain diverse identities through dress and adornment.
- An industry based on a global flow of goods and ideas.
- Embedded in international consumer and digital media culture.
What you'll learn will help you become a true expert, with skills and knowledge you can use to advance your career in fashion or progress to PhD study and further your research.
The course will be delivered online using the UCA integrated teaching and learning platforms. You will have access to extensive online library resources, including a wide range of the latest electronic books and journals, databases, image banks, and moving image resources.
You will be supported by experienced staff with excellent teaching skills, expertise, extensive knowledge, and a wide range of interests in fashion theory, cultural theory, and related disciplines.
Information for international students
UCA has a global student community and welcomes creatives from around the world.
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- 01252 892 883