A good Honours degree (normally 2:1 or above) or equivalent qualification in your chosen subject or a related discipline, and/or; relevant work experience, demonstrating your ability to study at postgraduate level. A portfolio of work is also required. If your first language is not English a certificate is required as evidence that you have an average IELTS score of 6.0 or equivalent. Consideration will be given to applicants who present a degree with a lower classification, but can make a strong case for admission in relation to a particular project.
Months of entry
A distinctive feature of this photography degree course is the development of a high level of professional and research-based knowledge on the subject of photography, which gives you a unique perspective, enabling you to be successful in the internationally expanding field of photography.
This course offers you extended study on one of only a small number of two-year MFA Photography courses in the UK.
Key study topics include:
- You study units which provide inter-connected 'streams' of study that serve to integrate theoretical and research methodologies with practice-based work.
- Develop your understanding and application of practical research methods and project organisation related to personal work as well as real world professional practice.
- You have the opportunity to study abroad.
- Explore political, economic and professional issues involved in the professional sector while preparing for your major project.
- You have the opportunity to undertake a work placement and/or exchange.
- Development of independent study through practice, exploration and research.
- You either take a visual or written approach to your studies or a combination of both.
For further information see: http://webdocs.ucreative.ac.uk/MFA_Photography-1396274400035.pdf
Visit the MFA Photography page on the University for the Creative Arts web site for more details!
Information for international students
International Students should contact the International team on: +44 (0)1252 892838 for further information and advice. Alternatively email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- 01252 892 883