A good Honours degree (normally 2:1 or above) or equivalent qualification in your chosen subject or a related discipline, and/or; relevant work experience, demonstrating your ability to study at postgraduate level. A portfolio of work is also required. If your first language is not English a certificate is required as evidence that you have an average IELTS score of 6.0 or equivalent. Consideration will be given to applicants who present a degree with a lower classification, but can make a strong case for admission in relation to a particular project.
Months of entry
A distinctive feature of this photography degree course is the development of a high level of professional and research-based knowledge on the subject of photography, which gives you a unique perspective, enabling you to be successful in the internationally expanding field of photography.
This course offers you extended study on one of only a small number of two-year MFA Photography courses in the UK.
Key study topics include:
- You study units which provide inter-connected 'streams' of study that serve to integrate theoretical and research methodologies with practice-based work.
- Develop your understanding and application of practical research methods and project organisation related to personal work as well as real world professional practice.
- You have the opportunity to study abroad.
- Explore political, economic and professional issues involved in the professional sector while preparing for your major project.
- You have the opportunity to undertake a work placement and/or exchange.
- Development of independent study through practice, exploration and research.
- You either take a visual or written approach to your studies or a combination of both.
Visit the MFA Photography page on the University for the Creative Arts web site for more details!
Information for international students
International Students should contact the International team on: +44 (0)1252 892838 for further information and advice. Alternatively email us at: email@example.com
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- 01252 892 883