Applicants are normally expected to come from an educational background, either secondary, primary or FE and will normally require to be honours graduates or be able to provide evidence that they can work at postgraduate level.
Months of entry
The general aims of the programme are to extend the skills, knowledge and understanding of the participants in the following ways:
- critical evaluation and application of advanced professional knowledge and understanding;
- commitment to critical self-evaluation and development;
- enhanced and highly effective professional performance;
- personal and professional commitment to an extended professional role and wider professional vision;
- advocacy of change and professional action aimed at the development and improvement of practice;
- development of professional values and knowledge through reflective and evidence-based practice;
- working with others to bring about change and improvement to practice;
- bridging theory and practice and critically applying and challenging research findings.
Find out more about courses
Fees and funding
- More information about tuition fees and payment plans.
- University of Aberdeen Funding Database
- Alumni discount for postgraduate degrees (20%)
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- School of Education
- +44 (0)1224 274776