Entry requirements for this programme like all other PGT programmes is a 2:2 or better from a recognised university or body. In exceptional circumstances applicants without this qualification may be admitted at the discretion of the Programme Director subject to having an alternative qualification, or an approved level of experience, appropriate to the field of study.
Months of entry
This postgraduate programme is open to all professionals who have a caring role with young people.
It meets the continuing professional development needs of those who wish to extend their skills and knowledge into new areas of guidance, care and support which pertain within their establishment, but in particular, within an educational setting.
The general aims of the programme are to extend the skills, knowledge and understanding of the participants in the following ways:
- critical evaluation and application of advanced professional knowledge and understanding;
- commitment to critical self-evaluation and development;
- enhanced and highly effective professional performance;
- personal and professional commitment to an extended professional role and wider professional vision;
- advocacy of change and professional action aimed at the development and improvement of practice;
- development of professional values and knowledge through reflective and evidence-based practice;
- working with others to bring about change and improvement to practice;
- bridging theory and practice and critically applying and challenging research findings.
In addition, each module has specific aims relevant to the content covered.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- School of Education
- +44 (0)1224 274776