Months of entry
Improve your employability with practical and theoretical knowledge of computer science, ready for a career in industry.
This course is designed to match the growing need for graduates who are trained in one discipline and also skilled in computer science. You’ll gain a strong foundation in programming, software development and contemporary techniques in the industry.
Along with programming experience, the course gives you a broad overview of computer science, with opportunities to specialise in a number of different research areas.
Study in our research-led department giving opportunities for a wide-range of specialist projects, either proposed by you or suggested by supervisors. Recent examples of project areas include:
- Intelligent agents
- Autonomous aircraft control
- 3D projection
- Smartphone addiction
- Human motion capture
- Access our bespoke computer laboratory.
- We have strong links to industry in the UK and abroad helping expose you to the latest ideas and technology.
- Experience practical software development with real-world project scenarios.
- Be part of a supportive postgraduate community in a beautiful world heritage city.
Optional placement year
This course gives you the option of extending your course by a year to go on a placement.
Going on placement gives you the opportunity to apply your skills and knowledge to a year working in industry. You’ll be employed full-time in a role to match your future career ambitions, broadening your experience and transferable skills. We have links with some of the industry’s leading companies.
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- +44 (0)1225 385 115