Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
Months of entry
This course is designed to match the growing need for graduates who are trained in one discipline and also skilled in computer science. You’ll gain a strong foundation in programming, software development and contemporary techniques in the industry.
Along with programming experience, the course gives you a broad overview of computer science, with opportunities to specialise in a number of different research areas.
You’ll gain the knowledge and transferable skills for a career in a range of sectors from technology to banking, or for further study at PhD or EngD level. With computer science forming an essential part of a number of key industries, our MSc graduates are highly sought after by employers. Graduates from the Department have gone on to work in companies including Amazon, JP Morgan and Tripadvisor in roles such as IT consultancy, software development, technology consultancy, Java development and back-end engineers.
- Study in our research-led department giving opportunities for a wide-range of specialist projects, either proposed by you or suggested by supervisors. Recent examples of project areas include: Intelligent agents, Autonomous aircraft control, 3D projection, Smartphone addiction, and Human motion capture.
- Access our bespoke computer laboratory.
- We have strong links to industry in the UK and abroad helping expose you to the latest ideas and technology.
- Experience practical software development with real-world project scenarios.
- Be part of a supportive postgraduate community in a beautiful world heritage city.
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- +44 (0)1225 385 115