UK applicants should have a good undergraduate degree at Honours level, or equivalent.
International applicants: a good honours degree (or equivalent qualification) in an appropriate subject from a recognised university or HE institution and an English language qualification are required (https://www.beds.ac.uk/international/international-applications/english). We will also consider candidates with other relevant qualifications or appropriate work experience. See https://www.beds.ac.uk/international/international-applications/contactus for details.
Months of entry
In the fast moving world of HRM, professional qualifications are an important way to build your knowledge and demonstrate expertise in the workplace. This course will develop your critical thinking and understanding of organisations as well as your learning how to develop creative and strategic HR solutions for sustained organisational performance. The professional level of Associate membership of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) is achieved upon completion
About the course
HR is changing – it is more business focused, internationally oriented and adds more value than ever.
This course provides new or unqualified practitioners and line managers with the knowledge, understanding and skills to be highly effective HR specialists.
Using critical analysis and investigation, you will develop an understanding of the business context of HR, and its role in driving performance.
Intermediate qualifications available:
- Postgraduate certificate – 60 credits at Masters level
Choose Human Resource Management PgDip at Bedfordshire and:
- Study employee resourcing, learning, development, reward and relations on a part-time, modular course that is designed to fit in with your existing work commitments.
- Explore your practical skills and widen your understanding of the HR issues that affect a range of local and national, public, private and not-for-profit organisations.
- Develop alongside other engaged and ambitious students currently working in personnel and development roles.
- Gain Associate Membership with the eligibility to be upgraded to a Chartered Member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development following completion of the course.
- Benefit from the development of strategic specialist HR and generic management skills that will enable you to make a creative and motivating contribution to organisational effectiveness.
The course supports the enhancement of your employability through its emphasis on the skills and knowledge related to improving HR managerial practice at work. The central principle underlying the learning and assessment of this course is reflective practice, and you will be encouraged to apply this developmental approach to the consolidation and development of your career. The course aims to make the most of a wide variety of learning opportunities, both in the workplace as well as the classroom, and seeks to develop or improve a range of transferable behavioural skills and competences necessary in business leadership and HRM, such as: curiosity, collaboration, decision-making, negotiation and having the courage to challenge.
The local CIPD Branch also offers a programme of events (www.cipd.co.uk/branches/events) aimed at promoting members' education, development and networking. These include updates on employment law, skills development in key areas, and workshops in areas such as managing diversity and coaching. You will also have an opportunity to become a committee member for the local CIPD Branch as part of your development into professionalism.
Areas of study include:
- Hrm In A Strategic Business Context (PRO009-6) Compulsory
- Leading, Managing And Developing People (PRO010-6) Compulsory
- Learning And Talent Development (PRO013-6) Compulsory
- Management Research Report (PRO015-6) Compulsory
- Managing Employment Relations (PRO012-6) Compulsory
- Performance And Reward Management (PRO014-6) Compulsory
- Reflective Practice In Business Leadership (PRO016-6) Compulsory
- Resourcing And Talent Management (PRO011-6) Compulsory
Fees and funding
Fees are £4,534.
See http://www.beds.ac.uk/howtoapply/money/fees/pg for full information on fees and funding.
Fees are £8,000.
A prompt payment discount is available if you pay the full fee before or at registration. There are also special scholarships available.
See http://www.beds.ac.uk/international/international-applications/fees-and-scholarships for full information.
The University reserves the right to increase tuition fees by no more than inflation.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- 0300 3300 073