Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
Applicants should have a good undergraduate degree at Honours level, or equivalent.
Months of entry
Developed for students who wish to develop a career in health or forensic psychology, this conversion course is open to anyone with a recognised undergraduate degree in any subject.
It covers the five core areas required for accreditation by the British Psychological Society, including the psychology of everyday life and cognitive and biological psychology.
Your studies will also involve the development of essential research skills, which ends with a piece of independent original research conducted under supervision.
Why choose this course?
- Learn on a unique conversion course that places particular emphasis on the specialist areas of health and forensic psychology, and will provide you with the knowledge and skills needed to develop a successful career.
- Study the essential core topics of individual differences, developmental, social, cognitive and biological psychology.
- Develop a deep understanding of how learning and memory can be applicable to our everyday lives.
- Gain the skills and expertise necessary to use the qualitative and quantitative methodologies commonly used by professional psychologists.
- Explore intellectual functions, the biological basis of behaviour and the effects of impairments on the mind.
- Challenge yourself by studying how core knowledge in psychology can be applied in daily life to the specific areas of health, wellbeing and criminal behaviour.
- Benefit from access to a wide range of departmental facilities, including expert advice and specialist software including SPSS, ATLAS, EEG and driver simulators.
Information for international students
See Fees and Funding for International Students for full information.
Fees and funding
See UK/EU Postgraduate students for full information on fees and funding.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- 0300 3300 073