Applicants should have a good undergraduate degree at Honours level, or equivalent.
Months of entry
This course aims to further develop professional knowledge and understanding in specific areas of educational practice, applicable to a wide range of practice-based settings.
You will study with other professionals from a range of educational organisations including schools, local authority organisations, the lifelong learning sector and universities.
The course is part time and alongside the recommended units/pathway, there are a range of optional units with broad themes allowing you to focus on one areas of study within the units in order to personalise these appropriate to your interests and needs. In this way you will be able to make a deeper, more specialist analysis in one particular core theme, or appropriate to one area of your own practice or experience.
Alongside the taught units, you will study research methods in preparation for your dissertation (or you will take the Applied research methods and project unit if you enter the programme with 60 credits at level 7).
The MA Education (Practice) aims to:
- Increase awareness of and access to a range of ideas and research findings in Educational topics.
- Promote personalisation of broad themes to meet the needs and interests of students while providing a focused line of study.
- Promote vocationally relevant and varied assessment formats with a negotiated focus to support individual and organisational needs (as applicable to different situations).
- Promote engagement with key issues in education, involving critical examination of a wide range of key education sources and texts, leading to the identification and justification of recommendations for further action.
- As applicable to context, encourage evidence-based practice or practice-based understandings.
Information for international students
See Fees and Funding for International Students for full information.
Fees and funding
See UK/EU Postgraduate students for full information on fees and funding.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time36 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- 0300 3300 073