In order to be considered, applicants will have or should be expecting to achieve an Honours degree (2:1 or higher) or postgraduate diploma from a UK university (or overseas equivalent) in Marketing or a related discipline or a degree with at least two marketing modules (2:1 or equivalent).
If the Honours degree is not in Marketing or the required modules above have not been obtained, a minimum of at least two years full-time relevant work experience may also be considered.
Applicants who demonstrate being able to exceed the minimum entry requirements will be given preference.
Months of entry
In a complex and evolving marketing world, marketing professionals with the ability to think strategically, creatively and responsibly are in high demand by organisations across the globe. This course will help to prepare you as a marketing industry professional; customer success specialist and thought leader of the future.Innovative, industry-led teaching
Professional seminars, real-world projects and industry involvement in module delivery will enable the MSc Strategic Marketing and Consulting course to help you prepare for specialist careers in strategic marketing and/or consultancy. Our modules will directly develop much sought after skills through problem-based learning in a strategic marketing context. The modules will cover subjects such as analytical marketing insights; digital and innovative marketing. Small group teaching will focus on building critical analysis, decision-making and reflective skills through intensive theoretical and industry-based seminars.
We will equip you with the critical and analytical skills required for a new digital (industry) environment. We will focus on how artificial intelligence (AI) and digitalisation is shaping marketing practice for the new digital and social media age. You will not only learn how to generate data, but how to turn this data into marketing and business strategy for future decision-makers and industry specialists.Why study at Birmingham
- The University of Birmingham is one of the only research-led institutions to offer a specialist programme in Strategic Marketing and Consultancy. The course focuses on developing strategic decision-making and consultancy skills, unique to the postgraduate marketplace.
- You will benefit from the Birmingham Business School Future Ready Graduate Framework, developed to prepare you for the future of work and enhance your experience and graduate attributes.
- Birmingham Business School is part of an elite group of global business schools and holds the Triple-Crown accreditation from leading bodies AMBA, EQUIS and AACSB. The School is also a signatory of the Principles for Responsible Management Education (PRME).
- You can develop your understanding of business in a practical way, by working on real-time projects with top global companies through our Future Leaders Certificate.
- This course is accredited by the Chartered Institute of Marketing. You will be able to gain industry-recognised qualifications at an accelerated pace, including the CIM Certificate in Professional Marketing or the CIM Certificate in Professional Digital Marketing.
Information for international students
- IELTS 7.0 with no less that 6.5 in any band
- TOEFL: 95 overall with no less than 22 in any band
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) including online: PTE Academic 76 with no less than 67 in all four skills
- Cambridge English (exams taken from 2015): Advanced or Proficiency – minimum overall score of 185, with no less than 176 in any component
If you are currently studying at a Chinese university, please view our specific entry requirements including our list of acceptable universities for further study at Birmingham.
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate enquiry service