For entry onto the MA some candidates will have a PGCE – this may be a PGCE with 60 Master’s credits at level 7 from Buckingham or another university. For candidates with a level 6 PGCE or BSA Diploma (which is a helpful route into Master’s study) an additional module of study will be provided. For candidates without a PGCE or a degree, alternative entry requirements exist and can be discussed further with the Faculty of Education team.
Months of entry
The MA in Residential Education is a one-year, part-time course for those working in or with an interest in boarding schools. It is offered in partnership with the Boarding Schools’ Association. This the most popular Masters courses of its type in the UK. We take students from all round the world. They appreciate the opportunity to follow their own interests while being given clear guidance about the requirements of a serious level 7 academic qualification.
- Establishing your research focus
- Discovering relevant literature and how to write a literature review
- What is expected of Level 7 academic writing?
- How to navigate the topic of research methodology
- Planning your dissertation
- Ethical considerations when researching
Fees and funding
Applicants must pay a non-refundable £275 registration fee.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time12-15 months
- Online learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details