Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
Applicants for this course should have achieved a UK 2:1 Honours Degree.
Months of entry
Note: This course is only open to students who have completed the PACES at the Faculty of Education.
This course offers a flexible blended learning method for full or part-time practitioners in educational contexts. The course seeks to locate practitioner enquiry in the wider educational research context. Students will explore policy and its relation to practice, engage with examples of practitioner research in educational settings in the UK and beyond, and take part in their own enquiry work to transform an element of their practice. Students will be supported through working in a community of enquiry.
This course aims to enable the Faculty to:
- Develop excellence in teaching and learning in schools in the UK and beyond through the co-construction and dissemination of knowledge with practitioners;
- Enable practitioners to make a difference through practice development, impact and dissemination, hence building workforce leadership capacity;
- Create a natural progression route to the EdD;
- Integrate practitioners at different stages in their careers in a shared learning space;
- Lead through innovation in higher education pedagogy, including on-line learning;
- Build on the Faculty’s world-class research in the context of UK schools and their communities, thus contributing to the mission and values of the University.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details