Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
Applicants are normally expected to a hold a 2:1 degree or higher from a UK university or an equivalent from an overseas university.
Months of entry
The programme has been developed by the University of Cambridge Institute of Continuing Education and Cambridge University Hospitals in partnership with Wellcome Sanger Institute, Wellcome Genome Campus Advanced Courses and Scientific Conferences, and EMBL-European Bioinformatics Institute.
This is a part-time course designed to fit with the demands of full-time employment. The course is delivered through a combination of face-to-face sessions requiring attendance in Cambridge, self-directed learning and supported through a virtual learning environment [VLE].
Aims of the programme
- To provide professionally relevant teaching and learning informed by research in an integrated clinical and research environment;
- To develop and create a cohort of doctors and other professionals allied to medicine able to pursue and develop their roles in a rapidly-changing and challenging environment of genomic medicine;
- To prepare healthcare professionals for the adoption of genomic technologies and the increasing use of genomic information as part of the diagnostic and treatment pathway;
- To develop a cohort of doctors and other professionals allied to medicine with the confidence to lead service improvement for safe and high quality patient care, and with the required knowledge, skills and capability to have a positive personal impact on the work of others;
- To develop a cohort of doctors and other professionals allied to medicine with an understanding of research methodologies and clinical opportunities relevant to genomic medicine;
- To encourage a commitment to intellectual challenge and evidence-based clinical practice informed by the latest conceptual and theoretical knowledge of genomic medicine;
- To develop students' intellectual, practical and transferable skills related to genomic medicine;
- To encourage critical thinking related to genomic medicine;
- To conduct systematic research relevant to their professional practice.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Admissions Enquiries