Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
The Admissions Committee will normally require a master's degree, but we will consider applications from candidates with an undergraduate degree equivalent to a 2:1 honours degree at a UK University, provided they can demonstrate exceptional personal achievements relevant to their research proposal.
Months of entry
The BusD is an advanced and ambitious programme to create impactful research by leveraging the seniority, unique access to context and data, and exceptional experience of its students.
The programme enables students with significant experience at senior executive level to demonstrate an intellectual achievement at the highest level and thereby become better, more effective and more reflective leaders. Students will carry out high-calibre impact-orientated research that is of particular relevance for experienced senior managers at the highest level of the management profession. The degree is relevant to practice, facilitating transformational leadership in organisations. The BusD also emphasises continuing, life-long education.
The workload of the programme is substantial and demanding, as students will carry out their research while embedded within the work environment. Total workload is equivalent to that of a full-time PhD programme.
By the end of the programme, students will have:
- developed a strong awareness of the current academic debates related to their chosen research programme;
- gained in-depth knowledge of the relevant underlying theories of management;
- gained practical knowledge of management research through close supervision of their thesis project; and
- developed strong methodological expertise across a spectrum of research methods and will have applied these methodologies as part of the thesis research project.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time48 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details