To be considered for admission to the DBA Programme you should meet the following criteria:
- Hold an approved Masters degree in business, management or in a subject that is relevant to the proposed research programme to be undertaken or hold an equivalent and relevant professional qualification
- Have a significant level of relevant business, management or professional experience at a level appropriate to the proposed research programme
- Demonstrate the potential to conduct research and write a thesis at doctoral level in a field which matches the areas of supervisory expertise available within the Business School
- Demonstrate a high order of oral communications skills
- Demonstrate a high level of motivation and a clear personal and professional rationale for undertaking the DBA programme
- Provide two appropriate and satisfactory professional/academic references
For candidates whose first language is not English, they should provide evidence that either they possess an overall IELTS score of at least 6.5 (or an equivalent English language qualification recognised by the University) or evidence that their Masters degree was conducted entirely in English such as a sample assignment or chapter from the dissertation.
Months of entry
The Doctorate in Busuness Administration - DBA - is specifically designed for experienced practitioners in business, industry and the professions, who are seeking to engage in a part-time research-orientated programme of postgraduate study leading to the award of a professional doctorate. The DBA is regarded as being the same status as the more commonly known PhD and permits you to use the title of ‘Dr.’ upon satisfactory completion.
As a professional doctorate, the DBA consists of two Stages: Stage 1 a taught programme taken on a part-time basis over a two year period, followed by Stage 2, a research programme which you should aim to complete in a further two year period of part-time study although the maximum period of study is 7 years.
Information for international students
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- +44 (0)1772 892400