- You are welcome to apply if you have an honours degree in any ICT or computing subject at 2:2 or above, for example, networking, games design, multimedia, business and ICT. Your degree must contain evidence of a substantial and appropriate level of subject knowledge.
- If you don't have an undergraduate degree but do have a Masters or other higher qualification, your application will be considered by our academic tutors on a one-to-one basis.
- GCSE grade C or above in English language and mathematics or recognised equivalent qualifications.
- Successful completion of the QTS skills test in literacy and numeracy.
- A satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) background clearance check prior to starting the course.
- Satisfactory Occupational Health medical check prior to starting the course.
- Evidence of a satisfactory level of literacy on the application form and a satisfactory personal statement.
- Evidence of motivation and appropriate professional values. A strong personal statement conveying an enthusiasm for the subject, for working with young people and for teaching and learning.
- A satisfactory academic (University) or a satisfactory professional reference if it is more than 5 years since academic work.
- Evidence of the potential to work at Masters level.
Months of entry
There’s never been a better time to become a computing and IT teacher.
Our PGCE Secondary Education in Computer Science will teach you to engage young minds with the fundamentals of computing and IT, even learning brand new programming languages, so they can shine in creative industries.
We’ll support you in coupling your enthusiasm for computer science with learning about the National Curriculum framework, planning, resourcing and delivering lessons to pupils of all secondary ages and abilities.
The course has QTS (Qualified Teacher Status) built in and students will apply for a position as a secondary school teacher during the course of their studies and teaching practice.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Enquiry Centre
- 0333 363 7094