Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
You’ll need to hold a science or health care related degree at 2:1 or above. If your degree is over five years old, then we would normally expect evidence of successful study at level 6 or above in the past two years.
You must also have five GSCE passes at grade C or above, including maths and English language. If your first degree is not in a pure science (biology, chemistry or physics), or you do not have a pure science A level at grade B or above, then you must have at least one pure science at GCSE, grade C or above.
You must also have undertaken some recent work experience in a Radiography department.
Months of entry
- This is one of a very small number of MSc Pre-Registration courses in Diagnostic Radiography in the UK, and currently the only one in the region
- Study a course approved by the Health and Care Professions Council, meaning you'll be eligable to apply for registration as a Diagnostic Radiographer as soon as you graduate, as long as you meet the HCPC’s requirements.
- Develop as a competent, reflective practitioner who is capable of working both independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Enhance your critical thinking, enquiry and research skills using state of the art facilities, including our Clinical Skills Suite which contains a purpose-built Diagnostic imaging suite to match the equipment you'll use in your career
- Engage with an enthusiastic, experienced teaching team who use a variety of learning approaches to help you develop your professional and academic skills
- Explore your passion in a variety of work placement opportunities including large teaching hospitals which offer a wide range of imaging modalities, to smaller community hospitals offering more locally based care.
Fees and funding
Funding your studies
Alumni discount for Derby graduates
Scholarships and bursaries
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- +44 (0)1332 591167