You'll usually need a degree or equivalent qualification, and you must already be working in a healthcare environment. Please contact the module leader if you would like further guidance.
This programme is an interim award embedded within the MSc Leadership for Health and Social Care degree, therefore you will need to apply for the full degree and specify these modules on your application. You do not need to continue to complete the full degree, however you will receive support and guidance from the Health and Social care team to explore your aspirations and guide you to the most suitable route for you.
Months of entry
We are at a time of rapid change in the Healthcare sector, this is the ideal time to improve your leadership and management skills in the field of Quality and Service improvement, whilst using current research and improvement techniques to support your current improvement project endeavours.
The Covid-19 pandemic has bought about great change at a fast pace, this award can be used to systematically piece together the research and theory to support this change. Completing this award would give you the knowledge and skills required to ensure that your project has a long-term positive impact, is economically sustainable and is led and managed effectively.
Studying towards our innovative Postgraduate Certificate in Leadership for Healthcare Improvement at Derby will:
- Support and Enable you to undertake improvement activities in your organisation
- Allow you to study at a time and place that suits you, through online modules and flexible assessment topics
- Meet your professional and personal development needs in line with your own professional CPD and professional registration requirements
- Explore the complexity of quality and service improvement by working on specific areas of your clinical practice and establishing leadership and management skills regarding change
- Gain academic credit for systemically applying improvement theory to a project that may be part of your usual clinical role.
If you’re an healthcare practitioner involved in high level decision-making and problem-solving, this course will help you to increase your knowledge, think innovatively and practically, and improve your practice.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- +44 (0)1332 591044