A primary dental qualification (such as a Bachelor of Dental Surgery), or its international equivalent, plus a minimum of one years’ experience post-qualification
- All successful applicants will be required to join Disclosure Scotland's Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme before starting the programme. In addition, all applicants who don't live in the UK, or who have spent more than a year abroad, will need to provide equivalent verification from the relevant national authority.
- All successful applicants will be required to gain Occupational Health clearance prior to commencing any clinical work.
- Applications are not accepted from candidates who do not have full registration with the General Dental Council.
Months of entry
This part-time programme is predominantly online distance learning but potential applicants should note that there is an expected clinical commitment of one day a month hosted by the Edinburgh Dental Institute where they will gain clinical experience in providing conscious sedation for patients.
It is aimed at dental practitioners either in primary or secondary care who wish to introduce this invaluable skill into their practice or formalise their existing training and experience. It is the only university-based programme in dental sedation in Scotland.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Distance learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Programme Administrator, Anna Atluri
- +44 (0)131 536 3982