Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
- A relevant professional qualification and current registration with the General Dental Council
- A minimum of 2 years post-registration experience
- A degree with an overall 2.1 in a relevant subject
- Relevant professional experience and qualifications that demonstrate ability to study at Masters level
- Currently employed in a relevant field of practice
- Successful performance at interview
Months of entry
Do you have the enhanced skills in advanced care that are needed in the new dental contract? Dental practices who do are likely to be commissioned to provide specialised services under the proposed new dental contract. Periodontology is just one of those specialised services you could be commissioned to do.
If you are a registered dental hygienist or dental hygienist/therapist, our MSc Advanced Periodontal Practice course provides an educational route for you to acquire advanced skills and knowledge in periodontology:
- Gain experience in our purpose-built dental skills labs and clinical patient care facilities
- Make your studies fit around your busy working life through our flexible study options
- Expand your knowledge and interests in a broad range of dental disciplines
- Learn from experienced clinicians who provide expert oral health care in clinical settings
- Reinforce and enhance the skills which are required for everyday clinical practice.
You gain a broad and critical understanding of the key concepts underlying clinical periodontal practice. At Essex, you critically appraise research findings and develop your own evidence-based practice.
If you are a dentist we also offer our MSc Periodontology, which provides an educational route, by credit accumulation, to acquire the abilities and knowledge of a dentist with enhanced skills.
Information for international students
You can find international entry requirements for most countries on our webpage www.essex.ac.uk/international. If your country is not listed, please contact Postgraduate Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pre-sessional English Language courses
If you need to improve your English language skills before joining your main degree course, we offer pre-sessional English courses on our campuses in partnership with Kaplan International Pathways. To learn more, please visit www.essex.ac.uk/international/pre-sessional
You can explore scholarship opportunities for your country at www.essex.ac.uk/international or view our university-wide scholarships at www.essex.ac.uk/scholarships.
Fees and funding
There are a wide range of funding options for postgraduate study, including scholarships, bursaries and alumni discounts. You can check your eligibility at https://www.essex.ac.uk/postgraduate/masters/fees-and-funding.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time36 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions