UK entry requirements
- A relevant professional qualification and current registration with the General Dental Council
- A minimum of 2 years post-registration experience
- A degree with an overall 2.1 in a relevant subject
- Relevant professional experience and qualifications that demonstrate ability to study at Masters level
- Currently employed in a relevant field of practice
- Successful performance at interview
Months of entry
Do you have the enhanced skills in advanced care that are needed in the new dental contract? Dental practitioners who do are likely to be commissioned to provide specialised services under the proposed new dental contract. Periodontology is just one of those specialised services you could be commissioned to do.
If you are a registered dentist, our MSc Periodontology course provides an educational route for you to acquire advanced skills and knowledge in periodontology:
- Gain experience in our purpose-built dental skills labs and clinical patient care facilities
- Make your studies fit around your busy working life through our flexible study options
- Expand your knowledge and interests in a broad range of dental disciplines
- Learn from experienced clinicians who provide expert oral health care in clinical settings
- Reinforce and enhance the skills which are required for everyday clinical practice
You gain a broad and critical understanding of the key concepts underlying clinical periodontal practice. At Essex, you critically appraise research findings and develop your own evidence-based practice.
If you are a hygienist or hygienist/therapist we also offer our MSc Advanced Periodontal Practice.
Information for international students
For non-native speakers of English, we require IELTS 6.5 overall with a minimum component score of 5.5.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time36 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Graduate Administrator