Academic entry route
In order to satisfy the academic entry route requirements for our PG Cert Infection Control, you must have the following qualifications as a minimum:
- an undergraduate degree from an approved institution, equivalent to a UK Honours degree, or a relevant professional qualification
Work experience entry route
In order to satisfy the work experience entry route requirements for our PG Cert Infection Control, you must meet the following criteria:
- at least 3 years’ post-registration experience in a relevant field, supported by appropriate references
Months of entry
February, May, September
Are you intrigued by the world of infection control? Are you an infection control healthcare professional looking to make your way up the career ladder? If so, then our online Postgraduate Certificate in Infection Control is an ideal programme to help you improve your career prospects.
Our 8-month programme will help you gain an understanding of the world of microbiology. You’ll also learn useful management strategies for patient care, and learn how to prevent further spread of an infectious disease.
This course aims to equip nurses and other healthcare practitioners with the skills necessary to lead best practice in this area.
You’ll also gain the invaluable knowledge and skills to develop and implement effective infection control measures.
Throughout this course, you’ll explore a broad range of topics including:
- the science of identifying and isolating pathogenic organisms to assist in the diagnosis, management and treatment of patients
- the scientific concepts underpinning infection control and prevention
- the impact of infectious diseases and their control in a variety of settings
Upon completion of your Postgraduate Certificate in Infection Control we offer the opportunity for you to progress on to study for a PG Dip (awarded after 120 credits) and a full Masters (awarded after 180 credits).
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time8 months
- Online learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Enquiries Team
- +44 (0) 1206 489 358