Academic entry route
In order to satisfy the academic entry route requirements for our MSc Infection Control, you must have the following qualifications as a minimum:
- an undergraduate degree from an approved institution, equivalent to a UK Honours degree, or a relevant professional qualification
Work experience entry route
In order to satisfy the work experience entry route requirements for our MSc Infection Control, you must meet the following criteria:
- at least three years’ post-registration experience in a relevant field, supported by appropriate references
Months of entry
February, May, September
Do you believe that a prevention is better than a cure? Are you interested in finding out about the wide range of global diseases and how you can help to prevent outbreaks? Then look no further than our online MSc Infection Control.
On this advanced-level postgraduate course you will learn how to prevent and control the spreading of infection. You will gain the latest knowledge and understanding of infection control practice, enabling you to make improvements in your chosen area. You’ll learn how to develop and implement strategies to reduce the spread of infection and respond appropriately to future outbreaks. You’ll improve your ability to advise policy makers and other clinicians on matters relating to infection.
Throughout this course, you’ll explore a broad range of topics including:
- the science of identifying and isolating pathogenic organisms to assist in the diagnosis, management and treatment of patients
- the scientific concepts underpinning infection control and prevention
- the impact of infectious diseases and their control in a variety of settings
Finally, you’ll get an opportunity to conduct an original research project on a topic of interest aligned to an area that is of relevance to your industry.
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time24 months
- Online learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Enquiries Team
- +44 (0) 1206 489 358