2.1 Honours degree or non-UK equivalent (e.g. a GPA of 3.0 or above) in any subject, with school level mathematics or at least one course in university level mathematics.
International students with academic qualifications below those required should contact our partner institution, Glasgow International College, who offer a range of pre-Masters courses.
Months of entry
This programme will give you an understanding of the financing and investment issues facing international organisations. You will also learn about the treasury function of multinational companies.
- You will learn how to analyse the functioning of principal capital markets and the features of the main products traded on these markets, and to identify and use appropriate statistical techniques to analyse financial data.
- You will learn how to critically appraise models, theories and issues relevant to the finance function of international organisations, and apply information for financial decision-making.
- The programme has been granted a measure of accreditation from the Diploma of the Chartered Insurance Institute.
- By the end of the programme you will be able to identify and use appropriate statistical techniques, and explain and analyse the functioning of the principal capital markets and the features of the main products traded on these markets. You will be able to critically appraise models, theories and issues relevant to the finance function of international organisations, and apply information for financial decision-making.
You will take three core and three optional courses and undertake a substantial independent piece of work, normally in the form of a dissertation, on a finance-related theme.
- International capital markets
- International corporate finance
- Statistics for business research.
Optional courses may include
- Behavioural finance
- Financial analysis and equity valuation
- Financial regulation and ethics
- Financial risk management
- Governing risk and uncertainty
- International banking and financial markets
- International financial management
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Responsible banking and development finance
- Risk management and derivatives securities.
The central role of accounting and finance in today’s society makes our postgraduate degrees a sound basis for many stimulating and prestigious career opportunities and our graduates are in demand. The programme will prepare you for a career in finance or to pursue research studies in finance. You will develop the background to work in a variety of financial functions, and for a variety of businesses such as banks, insurance companies, financial service companies. Working in mainstream industries and commercial services firms is also a possibility. Recent graduates of the programme have gone on to roles such as Property Credit Analyst, Client Operation Manager, Finance Manager.
Our dedicated College of Social Sciences Employability Officer works with students to enhance their employability.
Information for international students
Fees and funding
Please see the list of scholarship opportunities available.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Adam Smith Business School