2.1 Honours degree or non-UK equivalent (eg, a GPA of 3.0 or above) in business and management, marketing or commerce, or a relevant social science degree. Your degree must contain at least 25% of undergraduate credits in marketing, or marketing and economics.
This is a specialist degree for students with a background in a relevant field of study. Those who do not have such a background who would like to pursue further studies in the area of Marketing and/or Business Growth are advised to apply for MSc Management with Enterprise & Business Growth.
Months of entry
This specialist programme will provide students with a detailed understanding of contemporary marketing principles, techniques and trends from an international perspective and will promote an appreciation of how these are utilised in strategic marketing planning.
- You will develop the ability to analyse, evaluate and manage market opportunities within an international context and prepare for a career in both large and smaller enterprises.
- You will have the opportunity to attend networking events and guest speaker lectures by business leaders. Previous speakers have included the head of Amazon UK, Microsoft Scotland, and senior managers from a range of industries.
This innovative, research-led degree, which in recent masters rankings is the top in Scotland and in the top 10 in the UK, will prepare you for a global future.
You will foster a critical appreciation of relevant theoretical, methodological and technical source material from across the marketing discipline. You will cultivate analytical and interpretive abilities, which will enable you to integrate these with essential marketing management skills, relating to other management function and disciplines.
You will take a series of core and optional courses, followed by a substantial independent piece of work, normally in the form of a dissertation. There will be an emphasis on active learning experience in multi-cultural groups. Reflecting, evaluating and presenting are commonplace and facilitated at every stage by simulations, real life case studies and scenario investigations, all regularly supported by an electronic learning environment. You will be given the opportunity to pursue in-company projects and business simulations and participate in career development sessions involving essay and exam answering workshops, CV writing sessions, interview simulations, careers advice shops and job market analysis meetings.
- Consumer behaviour
- Global business environment
- International strategic management
- Managing across cultures and comparative management
- Marketing communications
- Marketing ethics and society
- Marketing planning and decision making
- Services marketing
- Strategic marketing management.
- Analytical problems in marketing futurecast
- Business simulation
- Export marketing
- E-Marketing strategy
- International brand management
- Internationalisation of SMEs
- Marketing research
- Retail marketing
- Sales management and techniques
- Strategic marketing consultancy.
Information for international students
International students with academic qualifications below those required should contact our partner institution, Glasgow International College, who offer a range of pre-Masters courses.
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Stuart Davis