2.1 Honours degree or non-UK equivalent in business and management, design, or a related discipline. Your degree must contain at least 20% of undergraduate credits in business and management and/or economics or design. Consideration may be given to graduates with design experience. Those who do not have such a background who would like to pursue further studies in the area of management are advised to apply for MSc Management.
Months of entry
This programme has been developed to help you understand how design in practice operates and to examine its importance to a modern international company. This degree is offered as a partnership between the Glasgow School of Art (GSA) and the Adam Smith Business School, with your time spent equally between the two institutions. If your degree background is in design and you want to expand your horizons into business, or you have a degree in management and you want to develop your design skills, then this Masters is for you.
- International Management & Design will provide you with a detailed understanding of how design is relevant to the industry. You will learn how design drives social and economic development and innovation.
- You will engage with classmates and staff who have a range of experience and expertise to help you tackle complex problems, and view issues from a variety of angles, such as the economic, socio-cultural and behavioural factors that play into successful innovation.
- You will develop decision-making and problem solving skills around management and design through a range of group and individual activities. Your critical and strategic thinking will also be enhanced through case studies and opportunities to engage in critiques used to generate peer/academic debate.
- You will be equipped with the ability to initiate, manage and deliver innovations in a collaborative and user-led manner, with the consideration of the business environment.
- This Masters also offers a Winter School, which is a custom designed course taught in the Glasgow School of Art’s centre in the North of Scotland. This is part of an international programme with students from design schools in France, Italy and Germany.
Adam Smith Business School is triple accredited
Information for international students
This one-year masters programme is eligible for a new, streamlined visa application process: find out more
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Further details of qualification
The MSc in International Management & Design Innovation has been created to meet the modern needs of leadership and management. It will develop your attributes in creativity, flexibility, adaptive capacity and the ability to work in complex teams across disciplines.
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions