2.1 Honours degree or non-UK equivalent in business, management, engineering or related social science or science subject, with at least 20% of courses in organisational behaviour and/or psychology, leadership, employee relations, human resource management, organisational change or learning and personnel development.
Those who do not have this level of relevant knowledge and who would like to pursue further studies in the area of HRM are advised to apply for the MSc Management with Human Resources.
Months of entry
If you want to develop your career in Human Resource Management (HRM) or Human Resource Development (HRD) then this programme is for you. It combines theory and practice which allows you to develop a comprehensive knowledge of contemporary human resource management and human resource development within an international context.
- You will develop skills and knowledge in both Human Resource Management (HRM) and Human Resource Development (HRD) enabling you to specialise your career in either field.
- International Human Resource Management and Development is accredited by the Chartered Institute for Personnel and Development (CIPD). You will automatically become a CIPD student member and get access to the world’s largest collection of online HR learning and development resources.
- You will develop both leadership and management skills, including how to negotiate and positively influence people, and you will be able to enhance your communication skills through group work activities.
- The programme contextualises HRM and HRD within the international workplace which enables you to better understand these functions in a global context.
- You will learn through reflective practice meaning that you will build up a critical appreciation of theories and apply this to your practice, constantly reflecting on how you practice HRM and/or HRD.
- Class sizes are small to facilitate discussion.
- You will have opportunities to develop a career portfolio and build your continuous professional development (CPD) specific to your own interests and professional circumstances.
- You will benefit from the first hand expertise of practitioners and academics with practical managerial experience in a wide variety of contexts
Adam Smith Business School is triple accredited
Information for international students
This one-year masters programme is eligible for a new, streamlined visa application process: find out more
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions