Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
2.1 Honours degree or non-UK equivalent in economics, finance, or a related discipline, with at least four courses in economics/finance.
International students with academic qualifications below those required should contact our partner institution, Glasgow International College, who offer a range of pre-Masters courses.
Months of entry
This programme focuses on the key areas of banking and financial investment. You will develop an enhanced understanding of how financial markets operate, particularly in relation to the aims and operations of banking organisations and institutions.
- Investment Banking & Finance will provide you with an excellent understanding of:
- how to correctly value financial products such as equities and derivatives using theoretical models of assets
- the role of risk in portfolio choice
- how international financial markets function
- the role of adverse selection and moral hazard problems on the informational irregularities within financial markets.
- You will gain the necessary skills to help you manage portfolios according to customer requirements.
- You will have access to dedicated computer labs that will enable you to put theory into practice and develop real-life portfolio management skills.
Adam Smith Business School is triple accredited
Information for international students
This one-year masters programme is eligible for a new, streamlined visa application process: find out more
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Further details of qualification
This Masters programme offers training in the key areas of investment banking and financial investment.
Course contact details
- Adam Smith Business School