2.1 Honours degree or non-UK equivalent (e.g. a GPA of 3.0 or above) in any business and management discipline, or another relevant social science degree. Your degree must contain at least 25% of undergraduate credits in business and management.
For candidates who do not meet these criteria, professional qualifications other than an Honours degree and/or relevant and appropriate experience may be taken into account for entry to the programme.
International students with academic qualifications below those required should contact our partner institution, Glasgow International College, who offer a range of pre-Masters courses.
Months of entry
This programme provides robust yet flexible training for students who wish to undertake research into management and related disciplines. It develops expertise in designing, implementing and executing research projects and offers rigorous training in research methods and their theoretical and philosophical underpinnings. This Master meets the research training needs of students who intend to pursue a PhD and may also be taken as a stand-alone programme to improve employability skills in public and private sector management research consultancy.
Why this programme
- This programme equips you to independently carry out research projects to become a professional researcher in management. By the end of the programme, you will be able to plan, develop, organise and execute projects.
- By pursuing this programme, you will learn how to implement research techniques to critically evaluate management problems and research debates.
- We take your development seriously and each student is allocated a supervisor at the beginning of their studies, to provide specialist guidance on your chosen topic and the general direction of your research.
- You will benefit from word-class teachers in a triple-accredited business school. Our staff have international reputations in their respective fields, and regularly publish cutting-edge articles in the world's leading journals.
- Our staff regularly engage in collaborative research and have excellent contacts with many public and private sector organisations, professional bodies and researchers at other academic institutions.
- Adam Smith Business School is EQUIS, AMBA and AACSB accredited.
- The University of Glasgow Adam Smith Business School celebrates the legacy of Adam Smith by producing world-leading business and economics research and enlightened graduates.
You will take four core and a selection of optional courses. Teaching involves lectures and seminars and is supported by online self-study materials as appropriate to the course. You will also undertake an independent desk- or practice-based project. The independent research project provides an opportunity for you to identify an area of interest and to create a research project that allows in-depth critical exploration of this topic.
- Management research methods
- Master class in management theory and practice
- Qualitative methods
- Quantitative data analysis.
- Applied multivariate analysis
- Applied qualitative methods
- Brand management
- Business ethics
- Digital entrepreneurship
- Entrepreneurial finance
- International strategic management
- Introduction to social theory for researchers
- Leadership and talent management
- Managing across cultures
- Managing diversity
- Marketing communications.
By the end of the programme, you will have knowledge and skills that equip you to undertake independent research at the frontier of the management field. This will enable you to pursue further PhD research or to take up employment in policy or practice that relies on management research. Graduates can pursue careers in management, including local and national government, business, and industry. Possible professions include management consultant, analyst or research project manager. This degree can also be useful in becoming a systems analyst, retail manager, or marketing manager.
Information for international students
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Eugene Nazarovs