The minimum qualification for entry to the programme will generally be a degree plus some higher education teaching experience. Normally, applicants will already hold a teaching position in a higher education institution.
Months of entry
This Postgraduate Certificate, which includes the ‘Teaching and Supervision’ courses provides a route for academic staff to show fulfilment of the UK Professional Standards Framework for teaching and supporting learning in higher education.
- The programme will help you to develop practices in critical reflection and judgement that you can apply in relation to your own teaching.
- The programme strives to provide practical advice and support to enhance teachers’ confidence and ongoing development alongside evidence-based, theoretical approaches to learning, teaching and assessment.
- Upon successful completion of the Teaching and Supervision courses (TSC), which form the first 40 credits of the Postgraduate Certificate, you will be eligible for professional recognition with the Higher Education Academy.
The Postgraduate Certificate consists of core and optional courses involving small numbers of participants utilising an interactive, discussion-based classroom approach. You will take 2 core courses (which from the TSC) and 2 optional courses.
- Learning and teaching in higher education
- Developing effictive supervision practices.
The key areas of learning, teaching and assessment include:
- course and curriculum design
- evaluation of teaching practice
- principles of assessment and feedback
- research supervisions
- teaching methodologies including, lecturing, small group work and online learning.
Information for international students
The University of Glasgow welcomes students from over 100 different countries. Please visit: www.gla.ac.uk/international/ For applicants whose first language is not English, the University sets a minimum English Language proficiency level IELTS 6.5 (with no subtest less than 6), TOEFL 237 in the computer-based test (577 in the paper-based test).
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- : Learning & Teaching Centre