Entry requirements for postgraduate taught programmes are normally a 2.2 Honours degree or equivalent (eg GPA of 3.0 or above) in a relevant subject unless otherwise specified. Additionally, a sound understanding of programme relevant core engineering principles, such as mathematics, is expected and must be demonstrated in a 2.1 or equivalent in core subject components from your Honours degree .
International students with academic qualifications below those required should contact our partner institution, Glasgow International College, who offer a range of pre-Masters courses.
Months of entry
The Masters in Civil Engineering & Management introduces you to contemporary business and management issues while increasing your depth of knowledge in your chosen civil engineering speciality.
- Civil engineering at the University of Glasgow is ranked 4th in the UK and 1st in Scotland (Guardian University Guide 2017).
- With a 93% overall student satisfaction in the National Student Survey 2016, Civil Engineering at Glasgow continues to meet student expectations combining both teaching excellence and a supportive learning environment.
- The University has a long history of research in Civil Engineering. The UK's first Chair of Civil Engineering was established at the University in 1840 and early occupants such as William J. M. Rankine set a research ethos that has endured.
- You will be taught jointly by staff from the School of Engineering and the Adam Smith Business School. You will benefit from their combined resources and expertise and from an industry-focused curriculum.
- If you are a graduate engineer looking to broaden your knowledge of management while also furthering your knowledge of civil engineering, this innovative programme is designed for you.
- You will gain first-hand experience of managing an engineering project through the integrated systems design project, allowing development of skills in project management, quality management and costing.
- You will be able to apply management to engineering projects, allowing you to gain an advantage in today’s competitive job market and advance to the most senior positions within an engineering organisation.
- This programme has a September and January intake.
Information for international students
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Further details of qualification
This innovative Masters in Civil Engineering & Management introduces you to contemporary business and management issues while increasing your depth of knowledge in your chosen civil engineering speciality.
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions Team