- A 2.1 equivalent degree (GPA 3.0) in a relevant subject.
- Students with a 2.2 equivalent degree (GPA 2.7), but 2.1 equivalent marks in their maths and core theory subjects may be considered for entry.
The GPA listed above is the US System.Find out your country's equivalent GPA .
International students with academic qualifications below those required should contact our partner institution, Glasgow International College, who offer a range of pre-Masters courses.
Months of entry
The Masters in Civil Engineering & Management introduces you to contemporary business and management issues while increasing your depth of knowledge in your chosen civil engineering speciality.
- The University of Glasgow has a long history of research in civil engineering. The UK's first Chair of Civil Engineering was established at the University in 1840 and early occupants such as William J. M. Rankine set a research ethos that has endured.
- Civil Engineering at Glasgow is ranked 3rd in the UK and 1st in Scotland (Complete University Guide 2019).
- The MSc Civil Engineering is accredited in the “Further Learning” category accredited by the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE), the Institution of Structural Engineers (IStructE), the Institute of Highway Engineers (IHE) and the Chartered Institution of Highways and Transportation (CIHT). This means that a student with an accredited BEng undergraduate degree can take the accredited "Further Learning" MSc to top-up their academic qualifications in order to meet the full academic requirements for conferral of the title of Chartered Engineer. This is an alternative route to the 5-year undergraduate MEng route.
- You will be taught jointly by staff from the School of Engineering and the Adam Smith Business School. You will benefit from their combined resources and expertise and from an industry-focused curriculum.
- If you are a graduate engineer looking to broaden your knowledge of management while also furthering your knowledge of civil engineering, this innovative programme is designed for you.
- You will gain first-hand experience of managing an engineering project through the integrated systems design project, allowing development of skills in project management, quality management and costing.
- You will be able to apply management to engineering projects, allowing you to gain an advantage in today’s competitive job market and advance to the most senior positions within an engineering organisation.
- This programme has a September and January intake.*
*For suitably qualified candidates.
Information for international students
This one-year masters programme is eligible for a new, streamlined visa application process: find out more
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions