Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
A first degree equivalent to a UK Upper Second Class Honours degree with:
- a substantial Mathematics component (at least equivalent to Level-1 courses in Mathematics and Level-2 courses in Calculus and Linear Algebra at the University of Glasgow)
- a substantial component of Statistics methodology, including at least Honours-level courses in probability theory, likelihood-based inference and the theory of linear models
Months of entry
This programme qualifies for the prestigious Data Lab Masters Scholarships. The award covers full tuition fee costs.
- Statistical analysis and data mining is ranked 2nd in the Top 10 Most In-Demand Hard Skills 2018, Linkedin.
- The Statistics Group at Glasgow is a large group, internationally renowned for its research excellence.
- Our expertise spans topics including: biostatistics and statistical genetics; environmental statistics; statistical methodology; statistical modelling and the scholarship of learning and teaching in statistics.
- Our research groups have strong connections to external organisations such as NHS, SEPA, CEH and others.
- Our Statistics MSc programmes benefit from close links lecturers have with industry and non-governmental organisations such as NHS and SEPA.
- You will be taught by world-leading experts in their fields and will participate in an extensive and varied seminar programme, are taught by internationally renowned lecturers and experience a wide variety of projects.
- You will develop a thorough grasp of statistical methodology, before going on to apply statistical skills to solve real-life problems.
- Our students graduate with a varied skill set, including core professional skills, and a portfolio of substantive applied and practical work.
- You will be equipped with the skills needed to begin a career as a professional statistician; previous study of statistics is not required.
- This programme qualifies for the prestigious Data Lab Masters Scholarships available for Scottish/EU students.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions Team