A first degree equivalent to a UK Upper Second Class Honours degree, normally with a substantial Mathematics component (at least equivalent to Level-1 courses in Mathematics and Level-2 courses in Calculus and Linear Algebra at the University of Glasgow).
Graduates who only have A-Level Mathematics (at grade A or better), or equivalent, may also be admitted to the programme. However such candidates are required to work through self-study material provided and attend a pre-sessional course on Elementary Mathematics (to be taught in the two weeks preceding the start of the teaching period of semester 1).
Months of entry
This Masters in Statistics will provide you with knowledge and experience of the principles, theory and practical skills of statistics.
- Statistical analysis and data mining is ranked 2nd in the Top 10 Most In-Demand Hard Skills 2018, Linkedin.
- The Statistics Group at Glasgow is a large group, internationally renowned for its research excellence.
- Our expertise spans topics including: biostatistics and statistical genetics; environmental statistics; statistical methodology; statistical modelling and the scholarship of learning and teaching in statistics.
- Our Statistics MSc programmes benefit from close links lecturers have with industry and non-governmental organisations such as NHS and SEPA.
- You will be taught by world-leading experts in their fields and will participate in an extensive and varied seminar programme, are taught by internationally renowned lecturers and experience a wide variety of projects.
- You will develop a thorough grasp of statistical methodology, before going on to apply statistical skills to solve real-life problems.
- Our students graduate with a varied skill set, including core professional skills, and a portfolio of substantive applied and practical work.
- You will be equipped with the skills needed to begin a career as a professional statistician; previous study of statistics is not required.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions