Applications are considered on an individual basis, with particular consideration given to the applicant's practical experience.
Months of entry
- There is significant input from industry to our teaching programme, including teaching on some courses, guest lectures and seminars. There are also informal opportunities to meet people from industry at open events and recruitment presentations.
- You can gain this qualification in a manner that works best with your professional commitments, either through one year of full-time study or on a modular basis over two or more years.
- If you satisfy the progression requirements, this qualification provides an entrance route to the MSc in Real Estate, MSc in Real Estate and Regeneration and MSc in City Planning and Real Estate Development.
- An optional field trip to London will provide you with an insight into the complex socio-economic dynamics of city building and design through visits to high profile real estate, planning and regeneration projects. You will have the opportunity to both meet and speak with senior industry professionals and policy-makers involved in the delivery of major urban developments. Past trips have included visits to The Shard, Olympic Park, Crossrail, Battersea Power Station.
You will take four core and two optional courses. This programme intended to provide a recognised University qualification for practitioners who wish to extend their knowledge and understanding through reflective and structured CPD learning. It is also a good first step if you want to make a start in this industry or it may also serve as a launch pad for less experienced students into the range of MSc programmes in Real Estate, Planning & Regeneration.
- Development economics
- Development process
- Real estate markets
- Real estate valuation and appraisal.
Optional courses may include
- Professional practice, ethics and management
- Real estate finance and investment
- Strategic real estate management.
Career opportunities exist in real estate development, investment and management.
Information for international students
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Further details of qualification
This course lasts up to 48 months and is studied on a modular basis.
Course contact details
- Allison Orr