To apply as a student of Chinese Nationality:
- Students register online for the China National Postgraduate Entrance Examination and select their desired JGS MSc programme.
- Students sit the National Entrance Exam
- Once the results are released, students are selected for joint interviews by Nankai University and the University of Glasgow. Students must fulfil the requirements for both universities.
To apply as a student of non Chinese Nationality:
Please apply through the International Office of Nankai University, which can be contacted at:
Tel: +86 22 2350 8825
Months of entry
gow-Nankai University Joint Graduate School
Urban and Regional Planning
Guest lecture series
Urban and Regional Planning MSc
Night view of the Clyde Arc & Science Centre tower
The MSc in Urban and Regional Planning promotes a thorough understanding of how cities and regions function. As a graduate, this will allow you to make a real and positive difference to the social, environmental and economic welfare of towns, cities and regions.
At its core, the programme aims to promote the social scientific understanding of cities.
You will be taught to understand:
- the economic underpinnings of urban and regional development
- the processes and institutions of urban governance
- the relationships between places and urban society.
You will also learn to demonstrate the value of research-based urban analysis and understanding. In this process, you will improve your own research skills.
You will develop an understanding of cities, property markets, institutions and governance. This provides an essential foundation to effective action in the development and management of cities.
To promote effective work across professional boundaries, you will critically appreciate the roles of a range of urban professionals and other stakeholders.
You will understand the importance of research and reflection as a route to successful urban planning innovation.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions