Applicants should have:
- EITHER a good quality relevant degree (generally a minimum of 2.2 or equivalent) from a recognised university and marketing experience.
- OR the Chartered Institute of Marketing's Advanced Certificate in Marketing and marketing management experience.
- Students educated in a language other than English should have a minimum IELTS score of 6.0 (with a minimum of 5.5 in each skill) or equivalent in a secure English language test. Alternatively, students with an overall IELTS of 5 or 5.5 can study our pre-sessional English language programme prior to degree studies.
Months of entry
This programme runs alongside the MA Strategic Marketing Communications and has been specially created to enable graduates and professionally qualified managers to gain a greater understanding of the latest knowledge and practices in strategic marketing.
If you wish to develop a management career in marketing and would like to specialise in strategic marketing, then this is the programme for you.
This MA programme will advance your marketing skills and understanding in such areas as market research, direct marketing, brand management, marketing consultancy and global marketing - preparing you for the competitive challenges of the global market place.
The aims of this programme are:
- To develop a critical understanding of current theoretical developments in marketing strategy which can be applied to organisations and their markets
- To foster a creative and systematic approach to problem-solving in the area of strategic marketing
- To collate, synthesise and analyse a range of data to help in the solution of marketing-related problems.
- Creating Marketing Strategy (30 credits)
- Inside the Customer's Mind (30 credits)
- Managing Direct and Digital Relationship (30 credits)
- The Scholarship in Marketing (15 credits)
- Research Methods (15 credits)
- Dissertation/Independent Consultancy Project (30 credits)
- Two 15-credit options from: Branding; Global Marketing Management; Hot Topics; Consumer and Celebrity PR; Relationship Marketing and e-CRM (30 credits)
Information for international students
Students educated in a language other than English should have an IELTS score of 6.0 (with a minimum of 5.5 in each skill) or an equivalent rating in another language testing system.
Fees and funding
Your time at university should be enjoyable and rewarding, and it is important that it is not spoilt by unnecessary financial worries. We recommend that you spend time planning your finances, both before coming to university and while you are here. We can offer advice on living costs and budgeting, as well as on awards, allowances and loans.
Find out more about our fees and the support available to you at our:
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- 020 8331 9000
- 020 8331 8145