Applicants should have: A good first degree in computing or computing science OR a suitable numerate subject (such as mathematics, physics, engineering, information systems or multimedia) that includes software development experience.
Months of entry
During this programme, students study, employ and reflect on the principles underpinning computer science. The programme is designed for individuals wishing to pursue careers as computer science professionals.
From organisational culture and human-computer interaction to web services and distributed computing on virtualised and cloud based systems, this programme leads students to reflect on the choice of methods and tools. It will provide practical experience in the analysis and understanding of problems, systems and structures through the study of realistic case studies. The student will be equipped to deal with the intense demands of modern software development, critically evaluate and employ appropriate concepts and principles to build solutions of commercial, industrial or research value.
Students may choose options focusing on cyber security and forensics, data warehousing and business intelligence or user-centered web engineering and software engineering management.
Through our short course centre opportunity may also be provided to study for the following professional qualifications: Microsoft Technology Associate Exams; Certified Professional Java SE Programmer; Java Certified Associate; Oracle Certified Associate (OCA).
The availability of some courses is subject to satisfying constraints that may come into effect in the year of entry.
- Project and Dissertation (60 credits)
- Clouds, Grids and Virtualisation (15 credits)
- Enterprise Patterns and Frameworks (15 credits)
- Systems Development, Management and Governance (15 credits)
- Enterprise Software Engineering Development (15 credits)
- Programming Enterprise Components (15 credits)
- One 15-credit course option from: Mobile Application Development; Data Warehousing; Big Data; User Centred Web Engineering (15 credits)
- Two 15-credit course option from: Audit and Security; Enterprise Web Programming; Computer Crime and Forensics; Business Intelligence and Data Mining; Enterprise Systems Integration (30 credits)
Fees and funding
Find out more about our fees and the support available to you at our:
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- 0800 005 006
- 020 8331 8145