Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
Applicants should have:
- A 2.1 or above in an honours degree in a relevant subject
- Level 3 qualification in relevant subject if degree is not in a relevant subject
- GCSE English at C or above or equivalent. We accept equivalency tests from Equivalency Testing for Career Development and A Star Equivalency Testing.
Months of entry
Our Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) will give you the skills to become a teacher in Further Education colleges.
This PGCE focuses on teaching in a variety of settings, including colleges, adult education centres, and community organisations. The course helps you build your knowledge of pedagogy and develop vital classroom management skills. Full-time students can access placements in various subject areas, including animal care, art and design, beauty and hairdressing, catering, childcare, construction, leisure and tourism, humanities, photography and sport science.
We offer endorsements in the following subject areas, which is equivalent to a Level 5 diploma in the teaching of the subject area:
- ESOL (English for speakers of other languages)
- ESOL and Literacy
You will complete at least 100 hours of teaching experience (125 hours for ESOL and literacy). For distance learning, you must be in a teaching/training role, and all practice is carried out in your setting.
We also offer QTLS in partnership with the Society of Education and Training (SET), making us the first provider to offer this in London.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
- flexible24 months
- Distance learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- 020 8331 9000