Applicants should have a minimum 2.1 honours degree in a related subject; or a Master's degree in an appropriate subject.
Months of entry
The Faculty of Engineering and Science offers advanced research training opportunities across a broad range of subject areas, including chemical, pharmaceutical, biomedical, environmental and sports sciences. The research activities within the Department are supported by state of the art analytical and computer facilities.
Upon acceptance to a programme, students normally register initially for an MPhil, and at the end of the first year, the student is examined by viva voce for consideration for transfer to PhD. Upon completion of the Doctoral training, students are ideally equipped to work in an academic or industrial research environment.
Recent research project topics include:
- Solar energy conversion
- Synthesis of biologically active molecules
- Fragment-based drug discovery
- In situ monitoring of chemical reactions
- Treatment of contaminated soils by accelerated carbonation
- Production of novel silicate-based sorbents
- Integrated production of biodiesel from oilseed rape
- Pathogenesis of autoimmune diseases
- Bioremediation and composting technologies
- Expert cognition and training.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- 020 8331 9000