An honours degree (2:2 or above) in a field relevant to the award you want to study. If you do not have a degree, you will need to show you have appropriate professional experience and skills to benefit from the course. We may also be able to take into account accredited prior learning (APL) or accredited prior experiential learning (APEL). If your degree is in a different field, you will need appropriate knowledge, skills or experience in the field you wish to study, or be able to show that you are prepared for intensive new learning.
In all cases you will need to demonstrate through a portfolio and/or interview your preparedness for study at postgraduate level.
Months of entry
- The MA Photography degree allows you to develop your Photography skills and knowledge to a more advanced level.
- The course is suitable for those interested in commercial and/or fine-art approaches to photographic practice.
- You will develop a personal portfolio which in approach, style and vision looks to the forefront of current practices.
- This postgraduate degree allows you to extend your theoretical and contextual understanding of photographic media, its audiences and culture.
- Develop professional-level enquiry, research, creative invention, project planning and management practices.
- See our MA Photography Flickr page for portfolios and news of course and alumni activity.
- Take a look at our MA Media booklet.
Information for international students
If you do not have the required level of English for entry, our academic English courses can help you to achieve this level.
All students from non-majority English speaking countries require proof of English language proficiency, equivalent to an overall IELTS score of 6 with a minimum of 5.5 in each band.For country specific qualifications, please visit the Your Country page.
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- 01707 284800