Entry requirements for this course are normally:
- You must be a Health or Social Care Practitioner, registered with a professional body such as the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) or Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) and have at least 3 years post-registration employment.
- You must have a degree (2:2 or above) or equivalent professional qualification in any subject.
If your first language is not English, you will need to meet the minimum requirements of an English Language qualification. The minimum for IELTS is 6.5 overall with no element lower than 6.0, or equivalent will be considered acceptable. Read more about the University’s entry requirements for students outside of the UK on our Where are you from information pages.
Months of entry
This course is aimed at all healthcare professionals wishing to gain a recognised teaching qualification. This interdisciplinary course explores teaching and learning theory and practice within a national and international context. This will enable you to develop your knowledge, skills and abilities related to evidence based learning, teaching and assessment and apply them within a range of academic and health professional settings.
- There are opportunities to develop and enhance integration of scholarship, research and professional activities in relation to teaching and supporting learning through your demonstration of teaching hours.
- Through continuing professional development processes, you will be supported to reflect on and continue to develop your current and ongoing knowledge, skills and competence as an educator. It also provides a medium for recording your progress, creating an effective professional portfolio and may be used to update your personal portfolio linked to professional body requirements. As well as helping you to achieve your individual career aspirations whilst ensuring quality provision for learners under your supervision.
- You will be taught by a team of passionate academics who have a wealth of skills, expertise and professional credibility. Keynote speakers will also contribute to the course in order to enhance your learning.
- You will be a taught in a stimulating and supportive learning environment that draws on expert knowledge, research and applied practice.
Fees and funding
Please check our website for fee information
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- +44 (0)1484 473566