Entry requirements for this course are normally:
- An MSc in Theory of Podiatric Surgery or an equivalent qualification.
- Be registered as a Podiatrist with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) and annotated in Prescription only Medicines – Sale/supply (POMS-S) and Prescription only Medicines – Administration (POMS-A).
- Registered Podiatric Surgical Trainee with an appropriate professional body.
- Have written confirmation of a podiatric surgical training post with an appropriately trained surgical tutor/clinical supervisor.
- Have completed a probationary period in this post.
If your first language is not English, you will need to meet the minimum requirements of an English Language qualification. The minimum for IELTS is 7.0 overall with no element lower than 6.5, or equivalent. Read more about the University’s entry requirements for students outside of the UK on our Where are you from information pages.
Months of entry
This Master of Podiatric Surgery course is the first in England to lead to eligibility to apply for annotation by the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) as a podiatrist practising podiatric surgery. It offers those who have already studied the Theory of Podiatric Surgery MSc an opportunity to enhance their skills and knowledge allowing them to practise in this specialist area.
- The course incorporates the College of Podiatry fellowship training programme.
- It is supported by tutors from the College of Podiatry faculty of podiatric surgery.
- It contains a large placement element consisting of 600 hours per year, providing you with an opportunity to experience real-world scenarios prior to qualifying.
- You will be taught by academics who are all practising clinicians within podiatric practice.
Through utilising up-to date research evidence, policy documents and a wide range of clinical experience, you will be assisted to further update and develop your clinical practice.
Fees and funding
Please check our website for fee information
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time36 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- +44 (0)1484 957504