Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
An honours degree (2:1 or above) or equivalent in a subject relevant to public health, such as health professional qualifications, social science subjects, applied sciences, business, leadership, management or administration. Applicants with an honours degree at 2:2 may be considered where the applicant has at least 1 year public health working experience, such as health education, health promotion and improvement, clinical health experience, government or non-governmental organisations, policy development and other health-related fields.
If your first language is not English, you will need to meet the minimum requirements of an English Language qualification. The minimum for IELTS is 6.5 overall with no element lower than 6.0, or equivalent. Read more about the University’s entry requirements for students outside of the UK on our Where are you from information pages.
Months of entry
This specialist course was designed in response to the demands presented by international and UK government policy and practice, public health and health promotion. It is aimed at both UK and international students and provides a truly global public health perspective. It will be of particular interest to those individuals and professionals who aspire to become leaders in and influence the public health agenda in the UK and overseas.
- The course offers you the opportunity to develop and enhance your current knowledge of public health, strategic thinking and leadership skills, whilst examining the changing political landscape of public health environments both in the UK and internationally.
- You will study alongside a diverse range of students from both clinical and non-clinical backgrounds from the UK and overseas, bringing a richness to the course which will enhance your learning.
- A range of innovative assessment approaches will be used which have been designed to prepare you to work in leadership roles within the public health field, using evidence-based practice.
- You will be taught by a team of passionate academics who have a wealth of skills, expertise and professional credibility related to contemporary public health both in the UK and overseas. The course benefits from regular speakers from local and central UK government agencies such as Public Health England and the Department of Health.
- Additional support will be provided for the enhancement of academic and curriculum skills such as academic writing skills, presentation skills and personal journal development.
Not only do future Public Health professionals graduate from this course, but it also provides a clear platform for those wishing to commence doctoral studies. Upon successful completion of this course you could undertake work experience within Public Health through the Master of Public Health (Advanced Practitioner) route.
Fees and funding
Please check our website for fee information
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- +44 (0)1484 957504