Entry requirements for this course are normally:
- You are required to have completed and passed the Master of Public Health Course
- Provide a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
If your first language is not English, you will need to meet the minimum requirements of an English Language qualification. The minimum for IELTS is 6.5 overall with no element lower than 6.0, or equivalent will be considered acceptable. Read more about the University’s entry requirements for students outside of the UK on our Where are you from information pages.
Months of entry
This unique specialist course provides you with an opportunity to put theory into practice through undertaking work experience within a public health arena. The course was designed in response to the demands presented by international and UK government policy and practice, public health and health promotion. It is aimed at both UK and international students and provides a truly global public health perspective.
- The course offers you the opportunity to develop and enhance your current knowledge of public health, strategic thinking and leadership skills, whilst examining the changing political landscape of public health environments both in the UK and internationally.
- You will study alongside a diverse range of students from both clinical and non-clinical backgrounds from the UK and overseas, bringing a richness to the course which will enhance your learning.
- A range of innovative assessment approaches will be used which have been designed to prepare you to work in leadership roles within the public health field, using evidence-based practice.
- You will be taught by a team of passionate academics who have a wealth of skills, expertise and professional credibility related to contemporary public health both in the UK and overseas. The course benefits from regular speakers from local and central UK government agencies such as Public Health England and the Department of Health.
- Additional support will be provided for the enhancement of academic and curriculum skills such as academic writing skills, presentation skills and personal journal development.
Not only do future Public Health professionals graduate from this course, but it is of particular interest and relevance to those individuals who want to gain first hand experience of working within a public health setting, before embarking on a chosen public health career.
Fees and funding
Please check our website for fee information
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time36 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- +44 (0)1484 472199