Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
This is an extremely popular MSc. To be considered you will need to provide evidence of:
- A bachelor degree with a 1st or high 2:1 (hons) in a subject containing a substantial mathematical, statistical and/or computing component.
- All your key modules should have strong grades (mainly 1sts with no key marks below 2:1).
- You must provide a list of the type and level of Maths/Computing modules that you have studied if this is not obvious from your transcript.
Please check your marks using international equivalent qualifications. We will ask for further detailed module information if these are not clear on your transcript.
We do not normally accept degrees in Accountancy or Finance for this MSc.
We accept a range of international equivalent qualifications.
Months of entry
We are surrounded by data. The variety and amount we collect and store grows every day, from the simplest of retail transactions to the complex and intimate medical records of millions.
Why do we store data? Where do we store it? How do we retrieve it? What do we use it for?
There is an increasing demand for people who can manage and control the way data is used. These individuals require an understanding of computer science and mathematics, as well as a familiarity with the data needs and processes of a number of different areas, including healthcare, business, government and the environment.
The Data Science and Analytics Masters degree offers you the opportunity to develop a range of relevant skills including:
- analysing structured and unstructured data
- analysing large datasets
- critically evaluating results in context
- getting insights from data
The course combines expertise from the Schools of Computing, Geography and Mathematics with that of Leeds University Business School.
This collaboration allows you to benefit from a range of data science perspectives and applications, allowing you to tailor the course to match your own career ambitions.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Admissions Team
- +44 (0)113 343 0945