A 1st or 2:1 science degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline, normally biological sciences but a degree in natural sciences will be considered. Alternatively, students who completed three years of a UK medical degree and are ranked in the top 50% of Year 3 are eligible to intercalate into our programme.
Months of entry
The MSc in Molecular Medicine at Leeds is designed to give you an up-to-date, advanced understanding of the molecular basis of many diseases and their treatments. You will study how to apply molecular approaches to the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of a range of cancers, chronic, autoimmune and genetic diseases. You will also carry out a research project in one of these areas within a research group at the forefront of the field.
Throughout the MSc in Molecular Medicine you will:
• Gain an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the principles, application and potential of molecular medicine.
• Learn techniques in the field of molecular biology, immunology, cell biology and chemistry.
• Develop the ability to carry out molecular, biological and bioinformatics research for investigation of human diseases.
• Get the opportunity to engage in research projects using the latest technologies that generate results with a scientific impact and have the potential for improving patient health.
• Learn how to evaluate critically current issues in molecular medicine, how to translate research findings into clinical applications, and how to recognize commercial opportunities.
For more information about the course, find us on Coursefinder
Exit strategies with PG certificate (60 credits) or PG Diploma (120 credits) are possible.
Information for international students
Our English Language Requirements are IELTS 7.0 with at least 6.0 in writing and 6.5 in every other skill.
Fees and funding
The University of Leeds offers a number of scholarships, please visit our page on Masters funding overview.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- MSc Molecular Medicine Admissions
- + 44(0) 113 206 5659