A good honours degree or equivalent in a relevant subject, or equivalent industrial and work experience in construction management or other related field.
English language proficiency at a minimum of IELTS band 6.0 with no component score below 5.5.
Months of entry
If you want to improve your project management and leadership skills and step up to more senior roles in the construction industry, then our MSc Construction Project Management degree course is for you.
On this course, you'll learn the advanced project management skills you need to tackle the technical, organisational, commercial, legal and financial issues that arise in a project's lifecycle. You'll develop a deep understanding of the social, economic and environmental issues that can affect large-scale construction projects, and the expertise to respond to them.
When you graduate, you'll have the tools, knowledge and qualifications to further your career in the construction industry in the private or public sector, or to pursue further academic research such as PhD study.
What you'll experience
- Apply your skills to real-life practical problems through site visits and case studies, as part of our partnership schemes with local and global organisations
- Master the technical, organisational, commercial, legal and financial issues involved in successfully completing a project
- Learn about the key issues, such as construction law, contracts and dispute resolution, project management tools, techniques, processes and software, and strategic and general management
- Complete an independent research project, where you can apply the research skills and techniques you have learned to an area of your choice within the construction industry
- Learn from expert academic staff and practitioners from client, contracting and consulting organisations
Work experience and career planning
We'll help you to identify internships, voluntary roles and opportunities that will complement your studies.
When you finish the course, our Careers and Employability service can help you find a job that puts your skills to work.
After you leave the University, you can get help, advice and support for up to 5 years from our Careers and Employability service as you advance in your career.
Careers and opportunities
Once you've graduated, you'll be ready to pursue a career managing construction projects in client construction and consulting organisations. You'll also have the transferable skills for a career in project management in other industries, or alternatively, postgraduate PhD research.
Career opportunities include:
- Construction companies
- Government agencies
- Project management
We'll provide you with as much support as possible in finding employment through close industrial contacts, careers events, recruitment fairs and individual advice.
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Further details of qualification
Joint Board of Moderators - Meeting the requirements for Further Learning for a Chartered Engineer (CEng) for candidates who have already acquired an Accredited CEng (Partial) BEng (Hons) undergraduate first degree under United Kingdom Standard for Professional Engineering Competence (UK-SPEC)
Course contact details
- Admissions Team
- 023 9284 5566