A minimum of a second-class honours degree in a Computing or Information Technology subject or an art-based subject with a significant information technology component, or equivalent professional experience and/or qualifications. English language proficiency at a minimum of IELTS band 6.5 with no component score below 6.0.
Months of entry
Why take this course?
If you have a background in computing and wish to develop your knowledge and progress in the area of creative digital technologies, this course is ideal.
It considers the theoretical, practical and technical aspects of media production and offers specialised topic choices for you to tailor the course to your personal strengths and future career plans.
What will I experience?
On this course you can:
- Get to grips with the cutting-edge, industry-standard software housed in our computer and multimedia laboratories
- Use our purpose-made TV studios and photographic studios to build and test your digital creations
- Have the opportunity to engage in a real-world, client-based problem in order to develop portfolio pieces
What opportunities might it lead to?
From the web and computer games, to mobile technologies and social media, digital consumerism continues to grow and develop, both in the UK and internationally. This course provides expertise in digital media production and will enable you to find employment in a range of creative industry roles which incorporate the design and use of new media technologies.
Here are some routes our graduates have pursued:
- Computer game development
- Multimedia production
- Graphics and video editing
- Digital video film-making
On this course we emphasise the implementation, evaluation and reflection of subject-related issues, whilst building creative and technical visual computing expertise. It provides you with the opportunity to research a unique aspect of the use of digital media.
Here are the units you will study:
- Professional, Academic and Research Development: This is a taught unit covering planning and managing development projects.
- Graphics Applications and Creative Technologies: explore the production of three-dimensional graphics and their relevance to digital media applications, such as animation, interactive applications and the post-production stages of generating media composites and digital effects. The unit develops the technical, creative and cognitive skills required to create three-dimensional assets, such as modelling, texturing and animation, and demonstrate proficiency and professionalism in their construction.
- Masters Application of Creative Technologies: This project unit offers you the opportunity to apply the taught material from the earlier stages of the course in the solution of a client led practical, creative, or research problem directly related to Digital Media. It also supports you to enhance your technical and intellectual skills in research methods, scholarship and critical analysis, as well as the consideration of the professional issues related to your work.
- Web Asset and Application Development: this unit will prepare you for creating, editing and publishing digital media content with specific reference to the web, both on PC and mobile devices. You will build digital assets that will be deployed as part of an interactive, dynamic website aligned with the latest trends in web development.
You will experience a variety of teaching through lectures, seminars, tutorials, laboratory sessions and project work.
Assessment is 100% coursework based which will be a combination of individual projects and group projects.
You will be equipped to seek employment in the media industries such as film, web or television, training applications development or any job where you can employ your management and technical skills. This course will be a suitable route to roles in video and audio production, as well as graphics, interactive and multimedia design for the creation of contemporary media products. Our previous graduates have successfully found employment in web development, major animation companies and also as freelancers for a range of digital design practices.
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Admissions Team
- 023 9284 5566