A good honours degree in a Computing or Information Technology subject or an art-based subject with a significant information technology component, or equivalent professional experience and/or qualifications.
English language proficiency at a minimum of IELTS band 6.5 with no component score below 6.0.
Months of entry
If you want to pair your creativity with the digital skills to bring them to life as a digital designer or developer, then this is the course for you.
On this BSc (Hons) Digital Media degree course, you’ll get a deep understanding of digital media and learn to create exciting experiences for web, mobile and modern tech like virtual reality.
After the course, you’ll be able to take on roles across any industry as a mobile developer or digital designer, or work in areas such as marketing and project management.
What you'll experience
- Learn on a course we've developed with the industry, giving you the most up-to-date knowledge, skills and techniques
- Build your knowledge and get a valuable grounding across interface systems, user experience, and web and mobile development
- Get to grips with the latest tech, like augmented and virtual reality applications, making you a valuable expert in the latest digital media
- Pair creative theory with technical ability by learning to use professional tools such as the Adobe Creative Suite to design interactive applications, graphics, audio and video
- Use software including Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe After Effects, Premiere Pro and Adobe Animate
- Develop a portfolio and CV to impress employers, including industry certifications in professional tools
- Experiment with combining different technologies to create innovative user experiences
- Engage in large-scale, client-based projects with external companies
Work experience and career planning
To give you the best chance of securing a great job when you finish your course, our Careers and Employability service can help you find relevant work experience.
We can help you identify placements, internships, voluntary roles and freelancing opportunities that will complement your studies and build your portfolio.
After your second year, you can do an optional work placement year to get valuable longer-term work experience in the digital media industry.
We've got loads of links with organisation in the industry. Previous students have taken a placement year with big name companies such as:
Interested in running your own business on your placement year instead? You can start up and run your own company for a year as an alternative to a work-based placement. You'll work with fellow students to build and launch a successful venture.
However you spend your year, we’ll give you plenty of support and mentoring to make sure you’re getting the most out of your placement.
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Admissions Team
- 023 9284 5566